Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hand Knit Cuffs and Thank Yous




Do you not love this?! This is my newest addition to the cuffs collection. I think it’s awesome. Honestly, anything with a brownie or girl scout patch seems pretty cool to me. I feel like I have the market on something just ready to explode.

I have two other cuffs waiting to be posted – a red one and a white one with a chain knitted into it. I’ll get those posted in the next couple days. They are pretty hot.

I also have to thank some folks who helped me figure out an i-cord problem (for those of you who are non-knitters, it’s a way of making a strong cord to use as drawstrings, decorations, etc. Mine will be for the purses I’m designing). These are the helpful crafters – Check out their shops!

Blissful (bags and knitted items)
Heathertoes Handmade(friendship bracelets, beads, lots of stuff. Warning: some funny adult content)
Cozy Knits (literally) knitted items
Isabella Smiles(jewelry)
Tricot Treat (hand dyed yarn and stitch markers)
Knit Happens (knitted items – very cool mittens and wrist warmers)
J.L. Yarnworks (yarn and stitch markers) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:27 AM

    heh, that's awesome! I love the chunky way that you knit, and go girl scouts! =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright! I knew someone would like the girlscouts!

    Just in case you are a knitter littmissmeshell - It's really easy to give the yarn that chunky texture. You cast on however many stitches you want. Then, you knit 1, purl 1 through the first row. Every row after that you knit the purls and purl the knits. I think it's called the moss stitch (either that or the seed stitch - I can't ever remember).

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was SOOOOO worth it to be a brownie just so my cool sister could make this hot cuff 23 years later!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.