Sunday, December 03, 2006

My guitar pick holders have been really popular. People seem to like what I applique on them. I actually made a plain one thinking people would like that, too. I was wrong – it hardly gets any views at all. So, I decided to start appliquéing other things, too. This seller was extremely helpful to me in figuring out the best way to do it. Go check FortCloudy’s shop. Very cool – great pictures, too.

Anyway, this is my first listing. It’s a kick butt tie, that’s what it is! I have some baby onsies ready to go, too. I’m so tired of cutsie baby clothes. So, one has a martini on it and the other has a vespa. I’m working on a vulture, too. I tried a centipede but it didn’t really work out. Anyone have some ideas for funny stuff to appliqué on baby clothes? I’d love your suggestions!

OH! And, Etsy was featured on NPR weekend edition today! Sweet!

I'm going to be in the Etsy Showcase on Tuesday. It's a chance to advertise our stuff. Let's see if it brings me any more sales. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:06 AM

    I do iron-on onesies for my friends having kids, and so far these have been hits:
    Battlestar Gallatica logo
    Ms. Pacman
    other Atari symbols, like space invaders
    Maggie from the Simpsons

    I am only just starting to applique, and obviously doing iron-on gives you more room for detail. But I would think the Atari symbols would be pretty easy. Not sure about the others...

    And any anti-typical baby things are funny, like a martini, or a tattoo of the word Mom around a thorny rose, etc.

    these sound so fun!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.