Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Experiments in Spinning Yarn


I brought home so much fiber from my class. This is what I decided to do with the leftovers from some plying we did during the class period. I had 2/3 of each batt left over so I layed them on top of each other, split them down the middle and predrafted them together.


Here's a shot of the singles. I think maybe I should have left it as singles. Isn't that pretty? This was also an attempt at spinning a bulky singles. I think it's easier to get a thin singles to be consistent. Bulky singles might just always be novelty yarn when I spin it.


The finished skein is not so balanced. I know the photo is blurry but I think you can see the twist.


Here's how it looks plied. Pretty crazy! Maybe this will be a nice cuff.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.