Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I finished my spinning class last night. It was wonderful! Although, now I need flick cards and combs and I'll probably need a drum carder and I'll definitely need to buy fleece to wash myself and I'm going to have to dye some things one of these days and....

I have some pictures of my yarn that I'll be posting in the next couple days. The yarns I'm the most proud of are two skeins of 2-ply that actually came out balanced! I did such an amazed happy dance when I pulled the yarn off my niddy noddy and it just hung there in a big loop. Awesome.

If you live in the Twin Cities area and are considering learning to spin please check out the classes at the Weaver's Guild of Minnesota. I highly recommend Beginning Spinning with Virginia Parent.

In other news, I should have a replacement spinning wheel in the next couple weeks. I'm sad that my wheel came broken but I'm very pleased with the service at the distributor where I bought it. So, all I have to do is just wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.