Saturday, December 27, 2008

Handknit (and sort-of) handspun mittens



I have all these small skeins of handspun yarn. I bought a scrap bag from vedablis a long time ago. It was so fun to spin all the different fibers! They turned out so beautifully but there's such a small amount of each color. I decided to make myself a new pair of mittens mixing stripes of my handspun with a pretty blue commercial yarn.

They turned out great but couldn't hold up to the freezing cold weather lately. So I've since added a little fleece liner. Now they are perfect.



I made these mittens for a coworker. She has horses and loves to ride. Her fingers are freezing at work. I needed a project. Perfect combination. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.