Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Broke the Ice!

Do you watch the TV Show, American Pickers? I love it!  It's about two guys who go around the country looking through piles of junk and finding treasures.  They make their money by buying the items cheap, cleaning them up, and selling them to collectors.  When they make their first sale at a new pick they say, "We broke the ice!"

I started on Etsy on July 15, 2006.  After selling for a couple years I went back to full time teaching so my Etsy shop sat and waited.  I reopened Kibbles 'N Knits this summer.  I just made my first sale (second time around)!

I sold two of the antique baby gowns I have for sale:




I bought these at a garage sale in my sister's neighborhood.  The woman I bought them from told me her grandfather wore them and that they were about 100 years old.  At first I thought I might cut them up for crafting.  After hearing that they belonged to this woman's grandfather, I didn't have the heart to cut them.  I thought I might send them to my very talented Aunt Penny.  But, I thought she might just cut them up.  After some deliberation I decided to sell them in my Etsy shop.  I hope the people who buy them can treasure them!

PS  My very first sale as Kibbles 'N Knits was this alien guitar pick holder.  It sold on August 15, 2006.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.