Saturday, February 25, 2012

Vintage Fabric Jewelry


My grandmother used to quilt.  She is in her 90s now and hasn't sewn for ages.  Still, though, I remember her quilting supplies piled up in her living room.  I have the quilt she made me for my 8th birthday (my golden birthday!).


My aunt found a pile of quilt squares in Grandma's house.  The larger squares will be made into quilts.


There was a stack of teeny tiny squares.  Most of these squares were one-of-a-kind.  They are all vintage fabric (pre-1980s).  Whatever were we going to do with all these itty bitty beautiful bits of fabric?


It took me a year to figure out what to do!  I'm so happy with how the jewelry has turned out.  I made a bunch for myself and my sisters.  The rest are for sale in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.