Friday, March 07, 2008

I had to take matters into my own hands. I love my crafty work, I really do. But, I had to stop pursuing sales. The "Christmas" rush turned into a winter rush and I was knitting, sewing, and stenciling non-stop. In addition, I am trying to renew my teaching license as I'll be heading back to teaching in the fall. All this really made my stress level rise. So, I stopped renewing items. I put a notice on my shop that I was taking some vacation. What a good idea! I'm feeling much better. Plus, I've been able to do some crafting for myself and for my family and friends.

The nice thing about this crazy rush of orders is that I'm not so obsessed with my Etsy shop anymore. I'm not so obsessively excited when I get a sale. Now, I'm just a regular old happy person about it. And, now that I'm not quite so obsessed, I've been able to put my crafty energy into my home and my kids.

I should be taking pictures of all the things I make. I've seen other people do this and it's really inspiring. But, my pictures won't be all that good. I think maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and post pictures even if they aren't stellar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.