Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cabled Beret by Ashley Hasse


A teacher at my school asked me to knit this for her. She bought the yarn and had started knitting it but soon decided it was beyond her current skill set. I offered to teach her how to do it but she knew she'd get frustrated. I had a lot of fun knitting this beret. I highly recommend it! The pattern is available for free on Ravelry or on Ashley's blog.


I got nervous as I was knitting the beret because it wasn't matching the finished dimensions (even though I swatched it). Have no fear! Cables stretch during blocking and this beret turned out even bigger than I had intended. I think the recipient will like the added slouchiness.



In other news, I know I haven't been blogging lately. I've been working on gardening and painting my bedroom. I'll get some posts up soon. I have some tips to share, too!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.