Thursday, July 28, 2011

Dragonflies


I have been trying to make my outdoor patio a little more inviting.  I found some dragonfly string lights at Goodwill but they were black and you couldn't see the cute dragonflies.

So, I went to the dollar store and bought some nail polish!  I got a few colors plus a plain glitter.  I ended up putting a clear top coat on the glitter just to make sure it could hold up with the summer weather.  I took these pictures after they'd been up for over a month and they are holding up great!


Some of the colors needed two coats but it was still a really easy project.  Now, my dragonflies are easy to see during the day and night.  I love them.

Update - One year later and they still look great!  I even left them outside during the cold and snowy Minnesota winter.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I also nail-polished a garden stake with a sun on the top. It's so glittery! I was thinking about painting some washers and hanging them around my garden. I basically need to paint everything, now!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.