Monday, January 30, 2012

What have you been up to?


Hi again!  The school year is half way over, my class at a local university is done, and I've been crafting like a mad person!  Crafting had to be put aside while I was teaching so much.  But, now that I'm back at it, I've found some things I adore making.
I've been trying to design jewelry using yarn and fabric as the materials for years.  I'm not kidding about this.  I tried designing with textiles when I first opened my Etsy shop in 2006.  Everything I tried just looked cheap.  It was too wild for me to want to wear it.  Well, people, I think I figured it out!


I love my new designs.  I wear them all the time.  I've made necklaces and earrings with vintage quilting fabric I got from my grandmother.  Some of the pendants are even made with handspun and handwoven fabric.

I've made beads with yarn.  I've made beads with fabric.  I've knit scarf/shawl thingies that close with a hand beaded stick pin.


I'll be listing some of these items over the next two weeks.  I'm extremely pleased with how they turned out. They are original, unique but simple, and they are fun to make.

I'm home today because I have a terrible muscle spasm in my shoulder and neck.  I can lay down in bed with a heating pad and work on my computer.  Maybe I'll even get some of them listed today!

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.