Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday DIY: Five DIY Earrings

Hello and welcome to another edition of Friday DIY Today's edition is all about making your own earrings.  They are easy to make with a few simple tools and materials.



What about making these lovely feather earrings out of leather?  La bella ironia wrote up an easy-to-follow tutorial.  This tutorial would also work with felt feathers, wouldn't it?



Or, what about these cutie-patooties?  Using tiny wooden dots and your own nail polish, you can make these super stylish earrings.  In Honor of Design created a tutorial that is not only easy to understand but also lovely to look at!



And, how about these beautiful button earrings?  These are a Few of My Favourite Things blogged about them.  Check out her blog for more simple tutorials.



These floss-wrapped hoops come from Delighted Momma.  Do you have any earrings that are starting to lose their finish or plating?  You know what I mean - they are pitted and discolored.  Maybe they are a cool shape but the finish is looking ugly.  Wrapping them using this technique would be a great way to save them from the trash!



Can you believe this earring is made of paper?  Etcetorize wrote up this tutorial for DIY paper earrings.  They look easy to make!


I hope you have a crafty weekend!  As always, if you make any of these DIYs, I'd love to see them!  Just post a link in the comments or e-mail a photo to kibbles.n.knits (at) gmail (dot) com.

Interested in seeing more Friday DIY?  Click here.  

All photos are property of original owners.  I did not write these DIYs or take these photos.  I collect DIYs and pass them on to you!

5 comments:

  1. Love these ideas! I do have some discolored earrings or other jewelry that could definitely be repurposed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send pictures if you revamp any of them! I'd love to see how they turn out.

      Delete
  2. These earrings are so cute! And I'd love to try making them some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw... love these pics.. especially their jewellery!
    Thank you for sharing these pics.... i've pinned few of them to my boards!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.