Friday, September 07, 2012

Friday DIY: 4 ideas for crafts related to children's books

Hello and welcome to another edition of Friday DIY Sorry I wasn't here last week.  Finishing up my summer classes and writing the syllabi and assignments for my fall classes used up all my free time over the past weeks.

This edition is inspired by the beautiful children's books I have read to my children over the past years.

via

Craftoart created this thumb print freight train to go along with one of her daughter's favorite books.

via


Or what about making this cute little fly so your children can act out some new endings to Tiny Little Fly.


via
Make some Truffula trees pencils to match Dr. Seuss's The Lorax.

via
Just look at this amazing glow in the dark craft from Reading Confetti.  She created this craft to go along with The Very Lonely Firefly by Eric Carle.  Before you go, you must click  this amazing list of activities to match books.  Reading Confetti put together quite a collection!


Enjoy your weekend!  As always, if you make any of these DIYs, I'd love to see them!  Just post a link in the comments or e-mail a photo to kibbles.n.knits (at) gmail (dot) com.

Interested in seeing more Friday DIY?  Click here.  

All photos are property of original owners.  I did not write these DIYs or take these photos.  I collect DIYs and pass them on to you!

1 comment:

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.