Sunday, July 20, 2008

Handspun Singles


I started knitting a little with this handspun. It's only the third time I've actually knit my own handspun yarn (I'm a beginner and sometimes the yarn is just not knitable - and by that I mean it just isn't good). I thought it looked pretty even but as I knit I can see that it's not really even at all! The fingers and the needles shall reveal all!

Even though it's not evenly spun, it's still really pretty and making a beautiful piece.

And my happiest news - I'm starting a spinning class tomorrow! I've been doing it with some help from an Etsy friend, some reading, and lots of watching YouTube videos. I'm so excited to actually sit down with an expert spinner and learn a little something.

Have a crafty day y'all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.