Monday, August 06, 2012

Crafting with Kids: Fairies

Or as my kids have taken to calling them, Twillerbees.


We get Highlights Magazine at our house and we love the crafting pages!  This month's crafts are outstanding!  My kids saw these little fairies and had to make them right away.  We've already might six and we are still going.


We've been using toilet paper cardboard tubes and pine cones for the bodies but I'm sure you could use just about anything!  All you need to do is gather some twigs, weeds, leaves, flowers, etc. from your yard and start creating!  

We've used yarn, tape, and paper clips to keep the "nature" on the cardboard tubes.  Experiment with what works best for you.

Then, you hide them around your yard because they are, after all, fairies.



We have spent hours making them and playing with them.  They each have a role to play to keep our backyard beautiful.  There's the vine fairy, the watering fairy, the tomato fairy, etc.  I hope your kids like them as much as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think of my posts! Leave a comment below.